Support Live Chat
Healthy eating is not about the lack but a wealth of food. Different products contain a large number of diverse elements that protect people from various diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart attack, etc. Owing to these elements, people can eat fruit and vegetables of warm autumn colors. If you eat such food, you will not need to ask, "Will I live a long and healthy life or my life will just resemble mere existence?"
Healthy fall food
- Apples. They seem usual and common. However, apples make their way to a number of easy fall recipes and there is a reason for that. One average apple contains 14 percent of your daily dose of vitamin C, four grams of fiber and, for those who like to work out, apples contain quercetin – an antioxidant that helps oxygen to flow to your lungs. In addition, a bowl of apples may be a cool decoration on your coffee table.
- Cauliflower. If you do not like oranges, you can get all needed vitamin C from this wonderful vegetable. One portion has 77 percent of your daily dose. Moreover, it contains wrinkle-fighting antioxidants and anti-cancer compound – sulforaphane. Cauliflower is good as a quick snack or as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Butternut Squash. This vegetable is full of useful constituents: carotenoids, vitamin A, beta-carotene, and others. It is good for your skin and is said to lower the risk of breast cancer. It is a part of numerous easy fall recipes including soup and even sweet stuff with cinnamon.
- Pomegranate. Scientific studies have proved that a glass of pomegranate juice contains more antioxidants than the same amount of red wine. Furthermore, this delicious fruit helps you to cope with aging and depression, which makes it a perfect choice among foods to eat every day.
- Tangerines. Although tiny, they contain nearly half of daily recommended dose of vitamin C. Moreover, there is beta-carotene in tangerines, so, they may be helpful if you want to add a pretty glow to your skin. In addition, it is easy to carry some tangerines in your bag for a quick, tasty and healthy snack.
- Kale. Autumn is the best time for kale to grow. By eating this vegetable, you will get your daily portion of such vitamins as C, A, and K. Just one bite and you are healthy! According to Libby Mills, speaker of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, kale is a winner among other vegetables, as it provides people with all the vitamins necessary for improving one’s health. Moreover, kale has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics that prevent some types of cancer and protect our heart. In addition, kale has the properties that help digestion. As you see, the advantages of eating kale salad are huge.
There are a much more other fruit and vegetables which you can enjoy in autumn. Discover them all and keep your body and mind sound. Stay healthy!